Wednesday, February 1, 2017

DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR

Don't Touch My Hair

Across the world there are companies who believe that African American women shouldn't wear their natural hair at work because they don't think its professional. From Afro puffs to dreadlocks the disdain for the black culture of hair has been worldly shown by corporate America. A lot of African American women have been cornered into straightening their hapso that they wont stand out among their white colleagues. They are told to wear a weave because its more acceptable.


Its almost as if its not a choice anymore to be your true authentic self. black women are left with the choice to either wear their natural hair and not get hired or straighten their hair to pretend to be something they're not to work for someone who's basically saying I don't care for who you really are. What makes my blood boil more is the fact that Caucasian women with big red hair such as Julia Roberts are never told to tone their hair down because its to distracting but a women of color is often belittled for embracing her roots.


Every black woman should not have to face scrutiny in the workforce because of her natural hair. Whether if she decides to straighten or wear it in its natural state this shouldn't be a decision made by her employer. Don't touch my Fro, Don't touch my Dreads, Don't Touch my Curls,

Don't Touch My hair, because it is the feelings that I wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment