Thursday, April 6, 2017

Trap of Social Media

In this day and age I find myself all to often overwhelmed with the never ending list of post on my social media accounts.
Everyday i'm reminded why I should delete my accounts but I always tell myself I need to keep them so that I can promote my blog and eventually build a brand.

But does it really even matter? I mean seriously i'm friends with some of the most amazing people on Facebook, but it doesn't matter what positive thing they have going on because people would rather share videos of women fighting, a baby smoking a cigarette, or Beyonce's maternity shoot.

I could post the cure for cancer and no one would care except the same 7 people who usually digs what i'm saying . And I know this is because my other 335 friends are so wrapped up in the materialistic bullshit in this world.

And no I don't think i'm better than anyone but the little girl that sent those friend request is long gone and has evolved into this young woman who's thirst for knowledge is growing more each day.

The other half of me is like why do you even care when you know damn well the real will relate and the others will glance and stroll right on by!


Its definitely a catch 22. And I juggle with the yes or no everyday.


I'm convinced that I was born in the wrong generation.



No comments:

Post a Comment